February 6, 2018
On March 4th, Unity of Bon Air will welcome Reverend Laura Barrett Bennett, a candidate for the position of minister. Rev. Laura will speak at both the 9am and 11am services on Sunday, March 4th, and she will lead a workshop on the evening of Monday, March 5th, 7-9pm.
With a youthful nature, love for people, and contagious enthusiasm for life and making a difference in our world, Laura Barrett Bennett is a third generation Unity minister in her 35th year of ministry. She has served two churches as Senior Minister and worked as Chairperson of Biblical Studies on the faculty for Unity’s ministerial and adult education programs. She is a writer of transformational curriculum, articles, audio tapes, poetry, and music, and has authored the book The Language of God, Metagetics and the Bible. She is currently on the faculty of Unity Worldwide Spiritual Institute, and travels throughout the world giving workshops on Biblical Interpretation, World Religion, church leadership, spiritual teamwork, and personal fulfillment. She is the Chairperson of the International Advisory Council for, and has served on the Board of, Unity Worldwide Ministries. She currently lives in Overland Park with her husband, Larry, with whom she enjoys exploring the richness and diversity of human culture, and the beauty of nature, as well as being at home with family and friends.
Reverend Laura Barrett Bennett
January 28, 2018
Thanks for checking in here for important updates from your Board regarding Unity of Bon Air’s search for a new minister!
- We are fortunate to have received a good number of applications, 6 so far, from Unity ministers across the country.
- Our Search Committee has been doing an amazing job with the first round of interviews using a remote online meeting platform called Zoom.
- Through the wise and insightful process of our Search Committee, we have been able to release a few applicants, invite some for a second interview, and schedule some for a visit to Unity of Bon Air. This process is ongoing, so we thank you for pardoning our use of general terms, rather than fixed numbers.
- Once we are able to confirm scheduled visits for ministerial applicants, we will announce those details here, and through our other communications channels – weekly eNews, Sunday bulletins, and Facebook page.
- When ministerial candidates visit, you will be able to hear them speak at Sunday services, and we will provide ways for you to provide your feedback.
- We will continue to do our best to keep everyone informed.
- We thank you for your prayerful support through this process. Please join us in affirming the following statement with joy and enthusiasm:
We are grateful to embrace a Christ-centered, enthusiastic, visionary who will continue to build the loving, joyous community that we are.