Unity of Bon Air is currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator
WHO WE WANT:
We’re looking for a highly motivated, collaborative, and proactive person to coordinate, facilitate, implement, and monitor the operations of Unity of Bon Air to ensure smooth and efficient operations. All work is performed in accordance with the mission of Unity of Bon Air which is to live and express unconditional love and acceptance. Applicants should have a can-do attitude, flexibility, excellent organization and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and work with diverse populations including staff, volunteers, congregants, and visitors in a collaborative and uplifting manner. We desire someone who is solutions-oriented and a creative problem solver.
The Administrative Coordinator provides the overall operational support for our spiritual center and works closely with the Senior Minister, Board of Directors, and other staff/volunteers.
Administrative Support for Senior Minister: Maintain calendar and schedule appointments; attend staff meetings and create minutes/actions needed; prepare correspondence, reports, and other materials.
Administrative Support for the Board of Directors: Assist Board members in distribution of information for meetings and maintain archive of Board meeting minutes and reports.
Event Coordination: Manage event/facility use requests and ensure coordination of logistics and set up and that events are noted on the internal calendar and shared with Communications Coordinator for the Website event calendar.
Bookkeeping (preferred; not required): Maintain accurate information in automated bookkeeping system on accounts payable and receivable; prepare payroll, make daily financial entries, and reconciliation. Prepare payment from invoices received. Record payments. Prepare new hire documents.
General Administrative Coordination:
- Answer and direct phone calls; monitor and respond to/forward emails; open and dispense incoming mail.
- Maintain inventory and order office and program supplies.
- Manage office equipment and communicate with vendors.
- Assist minister, staff, team leaders, and others in producing, copying, and securing materials for events, services, and/or classes/workshops.
- Give direction to sexton/custodian for special set up for events.
- Manage and schedule office volunteers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and planning skills
• Demonstrated high professional standards, initiative, and integrity
• Must be able to balance working independently and being a team player
• Proficiency with Microsoft 365, Word, Outlook, Explorer, Excel, Google Calendar,
• Ability to prioritize and navigate workload in response to ministry needs
• Occasional evening or weekend work may be occasionally required.
BENEFITS: The normal work schedule for this position will be 10:00 AM- 3 PM, Monday through Friday. Seven (7) paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by emailing cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references to email@example.com
We are strongly committed to diversity and equity in the workplace.